[G4] Home Theatre & Sound System

Rich Northouse rnorthouse at wi.rr.com
Wed Apr 22 17:54:54 PDT 2009

Hi Gang,

I am interested in setting up some sort of computerized home theatre and sound system. I would like to be able to interface my Mac to my existing sound system and video equipment.  Windows has such a system built into their Vista OS.

While I really want to develop a cool set-up,  I also really would like to have a Mac as the cornerstone !  Anybody out there have some ideas?  In particular what kind of hardware and software are available . Is there stuff available on both a G4 and a G5 system??  I don’t even know just what is available or  what it can do ??   Can you folks help me flesh this desire out ?

Thanks.

Rich
Milwaukee