[G4] Intel vs PPC

Eric Smith eric-s-smith at comcast.net
Thu Feb 19 21:41:41 PST 2009

Brian Deuel wrote:

> My other theory is that if they would price it at an amount that would
> generate the profit margins that they're used to, say $1200-$1300... oh
> boy... you think people compare homebuilt systems to Macs and bitch
> about Apple's prices now? There'd be blood in the streets.

If I could get a Core i7 Mac minitower at $1200-$1300, I'd buy it
tomorrow :) That's less than my Macbook cost. (And, of course,
less than my Power Mac G4 cost eight years ago.) When a base Mac Pro
with a single quad-core Xeon is going for $2300 I think that price
would compare pretty darn favorably.

Eric S.