[G4] Dual Monitors

CDT cdt at globaldsl.net
Thu Jan 8 18:47:32 PST 2009

Dan,

My wife has been running a 17" Apple Studio Display on her dual 1GHz
Quicksilver with 1.5 GB ram.  I got her a 20" Apple Cinema Display
from Affordable Computers in Ann Arbor, MI for  - $279.00 (http://
www.affordablecomputers.com/pages/),  They will ship.  It has a DVI
connector.  It came with an Apple 65 watt Cinema Display Adapter
(Model No. A1096), which provides a separate power source.  I was
trying to figure out how to connect it to the open VGA connector on
her Quicksilver and was exploring adapters.  Then I looked at the
video connectors on my Dual 1 GHz MDD.  It is the same card you have
- (the System Profiler specs are listed below so you can verify it).
It has ADC and DVI connectors.  I swapped cards between the machines,
and she is now happily using her "new" 20" Cinema as primary and the
17" Studio as secondary for about a month without any problems.  Good
luck.  I'd be interested to know if you're able to work it out.

ATI Radeon 9000 Pro:

   Chipset Model:	ATY,RV250
   Type:	Display
   Bus:	AGP