[G4] Hard drive replacement advice, please

OBrien bco at hiwaay.net
Wed Oct 21 06:22:23 PDT 2009

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 21:57:58 EDT, RELNGSON at aol.com wrote:
> ....I have come to the conclusion that it is the HD itself since when
> using HD2, everything is normal. And it is not my 23" Apple Cinema
> display, either.
> Now to the question....
> The bad HD is a 120gig model and given the prices these days I may
> as well install something new & larger. Looking at System Profiler,
> it's indentified as ATA. So, I should order what?

I assume the color you're referring to is the general appearance of colors on your desktop, and in all applications. Is this correct?

I just don't see how the HD could possibly have any affect on color on the monitor.

As for getting a new HD, I would go to http://www.newegg.com/ or http://eshop.macsales.com/ and, probably, order a Seagate IDE ATA internal HD.

O'Brien