[G4] Empty set symbol on the screen

CDT cdt at globaldsl.net
Fri Feb 19 11:19:42 PST 2010

Try starting from your Apple system disk, a diagnostic disk (Tech
Tool or other with a system on the CD or DVD) or an external drive.
If you get it up and running, see if you can access the internal HD.
Use Disk First Aid, Permissions repair, etc. to determine if the
problem is the disk or the OS.  Once you have the computer running,
you can run diagnostics or try to recover data as necessary.

Daniel