[G4] 1.25 MDD Power Suppy Replacement, or ??

jonny g4 at salemoregon.com
Wed Mar 17 07:28:03 PDT 2010

Good morning!

My beloved 1.25 MDD that I lovingly refurbished 3.5 years ago died
last week; power supply.  My old 450 is working in its stead, but
it's not rock-solid like the MDD, teeny hard drives, etc.  Right now
I'm booted to a FW drive with my fingers crossed.

Question:  Should I...

Replace the power supply ($400) and have my MDD back, but likely have
to deal with this issue again in 3-4 years?

Or look at a new desktop mac for a longer term (suggestions?)

I need to be able to run OSX 3.9, and up.  I have 4 external FW
drives and a 23" HD apple studio monitor.

I would sure appreciate a little help sorting this out.  What would
you do?  Logic?

Thanks!

jonny