[G4] Hard drive upgrade options?

Alan Kidner akidner at ntlworld.com
Sat Sep 17 12:14:12 PDT 2011

Hi Kristen
I was fortunate to pick up a second-hand Sonnet Tempo SATA X4i on eBay
at a very good price.  I have hooked up 2 x 250Gb drives in a striped
RAID.  Two drives working like one, being roughly twice as good for
performance but NOT good for data security (if one drive fails the data
on both is lost), so I make sure I do regular backups.

Xbench (bench marking software) scored my RAID on the SATA card 94.73
compared with the normal IDE drive (PATA) at 50.57.  Unfortunately, one
cannot boot from this Sonnet card.

Best regards,  Alan