[G5] G5 Bluetooth Mouse Problem.

Gary Kimes garykimes at mac.com
Wed Jun 29 13:36:32 PDT 2005

On Jun 20, 2005, at 12:36 AM, Brian Durant wrote:

> I just got the Bluetooth antenna for my G5 single that should have
> shipped with the computer, but that I have had to wait over 2 months
> for. So, naturally, I tried my MacAlly Bluetooth Mouse Jr. to see what
> it could do. It seemed to work fine, despite some problems at startup,
> until I stopped using my computer for about 2 hours. When I came back,
> although the mouse activated, nothing I could do would move the
> cursor. I had to attach a USB mouse to get working again. When I did,
> the Bluetooth menu in my menu bar changed from the "attached",
> "connected" or what ever symbol to the normal Bluetooth runic symbol
> and the mouse still will not move the cursor.
>
> Here I thought my problems were over when I got the antenna. Can
> anyone tell me what is going on? Is this a known issue? This is
> driving me crazy.

I feel your pain Brian.. I gave up on my BT mouse and I am also
thinking that the BT keyboard although it doesnt have the start up
issues (as often occa it too has to be screwed with to get it to
"take" ) like the mouse
I do have trouble getting it to adjust to preferences.  It is
maddening to have to continually correct my writing for doubled and
tripled lettering and not be able to adjust it out
in the panel..  Also the new USB mouse I was sent is not nearly as
well made as the one prev. either.  the detent for the clicking
action is MUCH too free causing the mouse to randomly
click even with the slightest lifting and setting it back down like
you would do if running off the side of the m pad.  Apple (very
grudgingly) sent me another one -- it was the same.  Wish I had kept
my old mouse.  BT would NOT work for me on the mouse.. I gave up upon
its not working on either side of a total rebuild of the system.
( another issue )  I could get it to work by running through a
procedure ea time but whos gonna want to do that...  and now too ...
I know it would be a two hour debockle to get APP to address the
issue of compensation for the difference in price.. hardly worth it.
yea.. do I have a bit of an attitude with APP.. ?  uh huh! and they
have earned it.. first level APP is very much like trying to take a
banana from a hungry monkey.  This is a fairly recent development
after many years (since '84) off satisfaction while using used
Macs.-- I am seriously considering regressing to that scene again and
getting away from the (b)leeding edge. Actually I would have stayed
in that mantra  accepting having to make the leap into OS X ..  it s
SO much easier on the pocket book AND blood pressure.  Computers by
their very nature create social distance making PR a fast
disappearing entity where only very mathematically gifted folks and
the friends of .. can keep up.

Gary