[G5] G5 Bluetooth Mouse Problem.

Brian Durant globetrotterdk at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 20:44:34 PDT 2005

Since my last posting, I was able to test a Mac Mice BT mouse with my
G5 single, as well. It didn't even function as well as the MacAlly BT
JR mouse. Interestingly, I have also done some searching in Apple's
Knowledge base and found that they haven't addressed the issue since
Panther. Unfortunately, my G5 is packed down and on its way back to
Denmark, but I believe my Open Firmware is at 5225 or 52215. Anyway,
it is far beyond what is stated in the Knowledge Base and I am still
having problems. Could this be one of those cases where Apple's
implementation isn't down pat yet?

I have noticed that since I my last Mac, UMAX S900 Euro clone (OS 9),
Apple seems to be spitting out more disclaimers all of the time for
third party devices that "may or may not work" & "Apple does not
provide support for third party support - this information is provided
as a service and does not imply..." I guess they want us all to use a
one button stone age mouse?

Cheers,

Brian