[G5] iPod accessories

Snow White jj4 at sympatico.ca
Sat May 21 18:27:45 PDT 2005

Jerry:

By far the best connection to your radio is a direct connection
involving a wire.  I have a stereo that will accept a mini-plug in from
CD (or my ipod) and the MiniVan has to use the tape insert.  Both work
equally well - perfectly.

The itrip is very good if you go somewhere else and want to broadcast
to someones radio.  itrip works better without movement (stationary
even) as when crossing a city there are spots with interference on your
frequency from time to time.  When I go to the cottage I can broadcast
into the portable immediately as it has no way to input Via plug or
cassette.

The last piece of advise I must give - Get a power charge thingy for
the car with the mini-plug output on it with a volume control (griffins
car charger).  I found after using this that all the wires are hooked
to the dash and only one need connect to the ipod - as opposed to two.
This "feature" makes in much easier to manipulate the ipod in the car
and also only one connection to break to remove (like every time you
get out of the vehicle).  Remenmber, if someone sees an ipod 'sans
personne' it is probably gone when you come back, or turn arround
again.

jj

On 20-May-05, at 8:40 PM, g5-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com