[HM] Re: hello???

enterprise pennamacoor at enterprise.net
Tue Dec 16 07:39:27 PST 2003

on 16/12/03 10:30 am, Rosemary Titterington at rosemary_t at mac.com wrote:

> Hello from Kent UK
> I am on first G4 and OSX!!
> Still find it interesting - I use OS9.2 as well - and still have a few
> problems -
> mostly mind blocks I suspect.
> Rosemary_t at mac.com

Hi Rosemary, I'm from Kent, UK, too (Sandwich) also with G4 iMac (OS X
[hardly ever use] and OS 9.2 [nearly always use]).

I wonder whether anyone can help me with this:

I intend to get that big big (250 Gb!) external hard disk from Iomega with
both Firewire and USB 2 interfaces. My question is this: I want to use the
Iomega on both my older (oldest) G3 iMac (with only USB connections,
presumably USB 1) and my nice new G4 iMac (with both USB and Firewire); will
the Iomega work with the older USB machine? What does the 2 in USB 2 mean?
Is it a software protocol or a hardware protocol or both? And what is the
meaning of the universe and everything?

regards

michael

Michael Pennamacoor