[HM] Extension cable for iMac G4 speakers

Duane Murphy duanemurphy at mac.com
Thu Feb 13 08:26:05 PST 2003

--- At Wed, 12 Feb 2003 15:55:11 -0800, Bob Baron wrote:

>Would anyone know if there is an extension cable for the iMac G4 so that
>speakers can be moved from room to room to play iTunes music?  I haven't
>been able to find an adopter for the Mac plug at Radio Shack.  Is it
>proprietary?

Arent the speaker connections on the iMac just USB? If they are then no
you cant extend them from room to room. USB has a reasonably short
distance limit. It's meant to be on the desktop.

That said that are a couple of products available that will let you send
you iTunes over a network and then connect to your stereo system. I'd
have to dig to find a reference, sorry.

 ...Duane