[HM] MAC energy consumption question

David Crandon tdc at attbi.com
Sat Feb 22 21:35:06 PST 2003

This is an age old controversy...

As far as energy consumption goes, it is of course much more economical
to turn the machine off when not in use.

As far as component longevity goes, most experts agree that these days
the on/off cycle doesn't really stress components that much more than
just leaving the machine on. So, again, you might as well turn it off.

That being said, I leave mine on most of the time simply because I don't
like to wait for it to power up if I'm only gonna sit in front of it for
a couple of minutes!

David Crandon