[HM] New CarbonLib error message!!

Humbug h.lendon at sympatico.ca
Thu Mar 6 11:04:40 PST 2003

At 10:35 AM -0800 3/6/03, Jack Honeycutt wrote:

>>Yes, does seem odd. I propose a different tack to investigate this problem. Do a search for "CarbonLib" on your HD. Results? I am most interested to know if there is a "CarbonLib" in your Disabled Extensions folder in your System Folder. If there is, it is probably the one you need to be using.
>
>OK. After loading the correct one (the one labeled for 8.1 on Apples web site you referred me to), I did a search.  I found it; carbonLib 1.0.4 in the extensions folder.

Hi Jack.

So, you found only one CarbonLib extension, and that is in your Extensions folder, right? And there was no CarbonLib in your Extensions Disabled folder, right? If "yes" to both questions; good, that's the way it should be.

> Does it want to live someplace else?

No, it belongs in the Extensions folder.

>Just for fun, I made a copy and dropped it in my Eudora folder.  Same error message.

You should prolly delete that copy. Serves no purpose in the Eudora folder.

One last thing to try and then I'm outta suggestions. Rebuild the desktop on your 575.

>Gez!  What am I doing wrong???

One can usually sort these things out or work around them, with a bit of work and info and patience.

>  I would sure like to poll for my email.  I am on my (gasp! XP box now)!

Is the 575 your only Mac?

Humbug