[HM] Re: need imac advice ASAP!

Michael Winter michael-winter at uiowa.edu
Fri May 2 06:30:38 PDT 2003

On Friday, May 2, 2003, at 12:14  AM, Jane Sprando wrote:

> Roy, I don't have Fontagrapgher. The most expensive program I have is
> Microsoft Office, but I still would have to upgrade at least 8-10 of
> the
> programs/utilities I use.

I know I'm coming in late here, but are they programs that "need" to be
upgraded, or will they work in Classic? There's nothing wrong with
running software in Classic. To tell you the truth, I'm seriously
considering downgrading to the old, Classic version of Office I have
(at least for Word). I had fewer hassles running the old version under
Classic than I do with the new version in OS X.

Of course I've often threatened to downgrade to the Word 3 that used to
run on my Mac SE with two floppy drives (no hard drive).

One other consideration, will this be your only Mac, or will you still
have an older one around that boots OS 9? If  you have an older one
that will still be around, will that take care of your OS 9
requirements during your transition to OS X only?

-Mike