[HM] Re: Saving as pdf

Nevin Steindam thenevin at ameritech.net
Thu May 8 17:57:10 PDT 2003

>That feature in the Print dialog is only available in X. I switched and
>booted up in 9 and did not find a way to do this. I could not get my
>Help to work, but if you can, type in pdf and see what it says. In X it
>explains the pdf print feature, so it may also tell you how to do this
>in 9.

Thorough support for the PDF format is built into the OS X operating
system.  That means that it is almost no effort for people to add a feature
such as "save/print as PDF" to their program.  It still takes actual effort
in OS 9, which is why you don't see it as often.

Of course, there are workarounds, like that Acrobat Distiller program.

Nevin