Switching from G3, OS 9 to G4, OS X

Thom Holland tholland at san.rr.com
Sun Sep 21 05:48:46 PDT 2003

Hi all,

I am finally making the dive to OS X.  Currently, I have an iMac G3, OS
9 and Netscape 7.02.  I am switching to a Power Mac G4, OS X and staying
with Netscape.  What is the easiest way to do that and maintain all of
my stored e-mails?  On my iMac, is have an external drive (60 GB) that
has all of my applications, and the internal drive is just for System
apps.  I was thinking of just removing the external drive from the case
and installing it into the Power Mac.  Or would it be better to connect
the external drive and transfer all the info?

Thanks in advance,

Thom