help ---- lost my email!

Jane Sprando janesprando at comcast.net
Sun Feb 15 23:17:57 PST 2004

I followed the directions below, hoping that my blank messages would appear.
instead, I lost all my email from today through last November! How do I get
those messages back???

Outlook Express 5.0.4; 9.2.2

Rebuilding Your e-mail Program

One of the things that I have learned from my experiences of last week is
that you need to throw out old messages once in a while. Another preventive
tip is to rebuild your database, which can help save you some headaches. To
rebuild your program (which works for at least Outlook Express and Microsoft
Entourage), hold down the option key before you open the program. It will
give you the choice to do a quick rebuild or an extensive rebuild. The
problem that I had was opening blank messages. This rebuild helped to
correct that problem.