Unable to delete emails in Entourage

John McGibney ensignjd at optonline.net
Tue Jul 13 05:51:19 PDT 2004

> Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 07:56:49 -0500
> Subject: Unable to delete emails in Entourage
> From: Sue Rodriguez <Sue.Rodriguez at usm.edu>
>
> Good morning, again,
>
> I am using Microsoft 2001 Entourage on a dual processor, G4, running 9.2.2.
> I received two copies of one email from a friend with whom I communicate
> almost daily.  This time only, I had a great deal of difficulty deleting the
> files.  I tried Open Apple + x, the delete key, the pull down menu delete,
> the move folder to the delete file: none of them work.  Then suddenly they
> were gone (sort of), but I have a blank space in Sent Items and two blank
> spaces in the Outbox.  These three items are counted--i.e., the computer
> recognizes that they are there, but I can't get rid of them.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem and successfully dealt with it?
>
> Thanks, Sue

Have you rebuilt the Entourage database yet?
Hold the Option Key when you launch Entourage. Do a simple rebuild of the
database when the dialog opens up. If it doesn't work you could try the
complex rebuild. The complex rebuild deletes more data from the database but
you will download all your messages from the server again.

John

--
 One OS to rule them all, One OS to find them.
 One OS to bring them all and in anti-competitive practices bind them.