iTunes Downloading error

Michael Protenic mikapro at appleisp.net
Thu Mar 4 18:56:28 PST 2004

I have a bewildering problem with iTunes 4.2 running on OSX 10.3.2 on a
Digital Audio G4. I just recently started to download music from the
itunes Store, and successfully received an album. However, the next
time I connected and attempted a download, I received an error message
of "-50", saying to try again later. In looking up this error on the
Apple iTunes support page, I was flabbergasted to see this error is
limited to Windows users. If I were using Safari emulating Explorer, I
could see this error popping up. But in iTunes- on a Mac? Could someone
enlighten me, as I have paid for an album and another song without
having been able to download anything.

I do run a program called Slipstream (from theMACisp to speed up
connections). I have tried downloads with this app off, to no avail. I
do have McAfee Virex on my machine (which is cited by Apple as the
cause of -50 errors on Windows machines). Any ideas?

Michael Protenic
mikapro at mac.com
mikapro at appleisp.net
  .