[HM] Re: Error on attempting to delete from trash

Alex alist at sprint.ca
Sun Mar 21 08:50:54 PST 2004

On Sunday, Mar 21, 2004, at 10:10 Canada/Eastern, Mary C. Youra wrote:

> On Mar 21, 2004, at 8:17 AM, Home Macintosh Users List wrote:
>>     I tried that and it still comes out with a -127. I
>> believe it is looking for a folder which no longer
>> exists and I cannot move from trash or do any other
>> type of delete. [...]

> Other thoughts--have you tried booting up with extensions off, or from
> a cd and then tried to empty the trash?
>
> Maybe it's time for Disk Warrior or something to repair the directory.
> Have you tried Disk First Aid?

Error -127 is a system message indicating a menu error ["Could not find
HMenu's parent in MenuKey (hMenuFindErr)", to be specific]. Hence, the
problem has nothing to do with the "usual suspects" invoked when a file
can't be deleted.

Either some system resources are corrupt, or, more likely, this is
caused by a 3rd party extension or utility. This is where you should
begin the troubleshooting -- IMHO, of course.