[HM] Opening .zips - thanks

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 21 06:47:26 PDT 2005

On 5/21/05 12:49 AM, "Jane Sprando" <janesprando at comcast.net> wrote:

> Brian, I recently bought Office 2004, but have yet to install it. (I am
> using Outlook Express, and running in OS 9 because my Epson printer won't
> print in Classic). When I switch to Entourage, will the settings
> automatically switch, too? (I am using Comcast cable) Or do I have to put
> them TCP, etc..?
>
> Jane

I'm way out on a limb here because I switched from Outlook Express to
Entourage as part of Office X around 5 years ago. However, if I remember
correctly, they work very similarly. In fact, I could be mistaken, but I
think Entourage may just be a higher end version of Outlook Express. If
you're used to the one, it should be easy to transition to the other. And
once you do, you'll absolutely love it.

When you first start to use Entourage, I believe you'll have to set up your
new account by opening Tools on the Menubar, then clicking on Accounts near
the bottom, then clicking on New when that box opens.

You will then get a window asking for all your account setup information.
Therefore, go right now (this very second!) into Outlook Express, and copy
down the account information that's in there--i.e. your:

Account ID
Password
POP server
SMTP server
And whatever else your current ISP requires

Then when you start Entourage, you just enter the same info and you should
be good to go.

I think I'm pretty close here, but if we never see you on the list again,
we'll know I was wrong, and I hope you still manage to live a long, happy
life despite the fact that you'll never again have access to email.

:)
Brian