[HM] "Normal template"?

Duane Murphy duanemurphy at mac.com
Fri Oct 20 17:00:47 PDT 2006

--- At Fri, 20 Oct 2006 18:58:48 -0400, change is on its way wrote:

>I know this is a stupid question, but I can't find an answer in the help
>section on my desktop.
>
>Every now and then something that pops up and says something like "do
>you want to save the changes to the normal template". What's the normal
>template and what changes might have happened?

That's Word. You can always tell which application is asking by looking
at the Application Menu next to the Apple menu.

This happens when you (inadvertently) change the Normal style in a
document. The Normal is the default paragraph that is used by Word for
all documents.  Generally, you should answer "No" to this dialog.

 ...Duane