[MacDV] .mov files

Seth Hollander sethhollander at mac.com
Wed Dec 4 17:35:24 PST 2002

I'm pretty sure I saw the answer in one of the posts on this forum, but
I wanted to double-check the following.  I have a .mov file created on
my digital camera (I didn't have my DV cam with me at the time, but
just had to capture my 3-year old playing with the guitar he got for
Chanukah).

Anyway, I'd like to bring it into iMovie to create a streaming video.
iMovie doesn't seem to want to open the file, and I don't have any
conversion options in Quicktime.  Is the answer that I have to upgrade
to Quicktime Pro to have the necessary conversion options?

Thanks.

-Seth