IMovie Project Info

Chuck Kay ckay at hartcom.net
Sun Dec 8 13:21:09 PST 2002

Hey guys and gals;

a longtime reader of the DV list but rarely do I post. I need some info.

I am getting ready to start an iMovie project over the holidays. The
hardware I will be using is possibly my old trusty Wallstreet (has worked
great for me on several projects) or a borrowed G4 Titanium from my local
school. I don't know if the Titanium has the SuperDrive or not. There are
some new media personnel at the local school who knows NOTHING about Macs
and their Titanium is sitting in the corner gathering dust. Who better to
rescue this machine than me, right?? ;-) I am a local school teacher as well
but I digress.

I intend to upgrade all of my Mac equipment the first of the year when Apple
introduces new hardware specs (they will, particulary iMacs). The main
reason I want to use the Titanium is of course speed. Much faster than my G3
Wallstreet. When I get my new equipment, I feel I can just drop my project
files from iMovie into the new machine and burn some DVD's.

Question. Assuming the Titanium does not have a SuperDrive. Is it possible
to do this: Create an iMovie project (approx. 30 minutes final project/lots
of raw video footage) on my existing equipment and then drop the finished
iMovie files into my new equipment (iMovie) and then use the SuperDrive to
burn some DVD's in iDVD? In other words can I network the Titanium (or
Wallstreet) machines to my new future equipment and copy over all the iMovie
project files? If the Titanium has the SuperDrive it's a moot point and
question. Thanks for all help and replies. Feel free to email me off list.

Chuck Kay
ckay at hartcom.net