Any advantages to RAID for DV?

Nicolas Kinnan nasw at pcmagic.net
Fri Dec 13 19:29:48 PST 2002

Howdy,

I'm kind of picky when it comes to dropped frames and whatnot and I was
wondering if there is any advantage to setting up, say, a two drive
RAID O (I think) for editing DV.  I know that it must be overkill,
bandwidth-wise, but I am getting discouraged by dropped frames with a
single FW drive solution.

If a RAID is a good idea, does one need a dedicated RAID card?  I have
a G4 tower, so I might consider mounting the drives inside and this
makes me wonder if heat could become an issue.

Anyway, thanks in advance,

Alex