[MacDV] Re: burning VCDs from Toast

Paul Russell prussell at sonic.net
Mon Dec 30 17:59:41 PST 2002

>I am surprised! I have been using toast for VCD's for a couple of
>years, to send movies of my son back home to the UK for my parents
>(You may choose PAL or NTSC). I did discover that my Sony DVD player
>does not recognise CDR's however, so I use CDRW's for anything I
>keep at home. My parents have no trouble with CDR's? Go figure.
>I guess it depends on the age/quality of the machine?

Small world - my current project is also making VCD's of my son to
send back to the folks in the UK (from California).

I've temporarily given up on the VCD's while I wait for Toast to
arrive and I airmailed 3 analogue tapes yesterday at $9 a throw so
there's definitely a financial incentive to get the VCD burning
process working !

Paul