[MacDV] Re: DVD player/TV crops my DVD-R

Gerhard Kuhn suspice at hay.net
Tue Apr 1 17:41:09 PST 2003

On Tuesday, April 1, 2003, at 08:03  PM, Mike Swope wrote:

> It will help the hang-up. The media is important. We've tried the
> cheap stuff, too, and experienced the same symptoms that you describe.
> These disappeared when using the Apple, TDK and Sony media (and
> probably others...one only has so much money to experiment).

How would using a different brand of media affect your project?  iDVD
has no idea what brand of media is in the drive and will burn the same
information on any of them.  Your set top player may not play some
brands but if it plays it the same information is decoded so same
picture will result.   Were you may see different results is on
different TV sets, even from the same brand, some may stretch the
picture more some less so there will be slightly different views.  Best
bet use the TV safe area.

Gerhard