[MacDV] Using a G4 laptop & directly capturing video

Rod Duncan roduncan at telus.net
Fri Apr 4 17:56:51 PST 2003

Maybe I am not understanding the question.

Why would you want to capture directly into the portable? What camera
setup are you using? Normal procedure is to record to digital tape
such as miniDV and then capture to the computer into a digital
editing program such as FCP, iMovie or FCExpress. Nice to have the
original footage on tape as a backup, too.

Rod