[MacDV] Error Type 10

Mark M. Florida markflo at mac.com
Sun Apr 6 16:14:46 PDT 2003

I guess this is in Mac OS 9?  If so, here are some steps to try:

1.  Delete the Final Cut Pro prefs:
(do a search for "Final Cut Pro" and put the found files that also contain
the word "Preferences" in your trash, but don't empty the trash just yet).

2.  Increase the memory allocation to Final Cut Pro -- give it 200 MB or
more.

3.  Run "Disk First Aid" in your "Applications (Mac OS 9) -> Utilities"
folder -- run this on all of your disks until it comes back with no problems
found.

4.  Rebuild your desktop?  This one usually doesn't help with problems like
this, but it's kind of a "catch-all" fix, and it doesn't *hurt* anything to
do it.  Just restart and hold down the option and command keys until you are
prompted to rebuild the desktop, then click "OK" or "Yes" to rebuild it.

Anyway, hope that helps some.

- Mark