iDVD Menus

Ian Tucker carlian at picknowl.com.au
Mon Apr 7 19:10:55 PDT 2003

Approx. one month ago I listed concerns I had with the quality of menus
I had prepared and burnt with iDVD3 ( the finished product was
seriously degraded from the template etc I had worked on in preparing
the DVD).  My concerns were confirmed by at least two other people.

I now have to confess that I had not tried the finished DVD in my G4
and instead,  had based my observations on watching it on our Loewe TV
via our Pioneer DV-344 DVD Player.  A couple of days ago I  decided to
view a couple of the DVD's I had burnt on the G4, using the Superdrive,
  and found the actual quality is not much less than the original
template , buttons etc.   It seems that the combination of our TV set
and DVD player is the main cause for the reduction in viewing quality,
not iDVD!   Sorry Apple!!

Is there anything I can do to improve the clarity of the picture when
using our TV and DVD Player?   I notice, particularly when I first
start watching one of my DVD's prepared in iDVD3 that there is a
certain amount of pulsing/shimmer with some images.

Thanks,
Ian Tucker.