[MacDV] iDVD Menus

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Tue Apr 8 06:29:09 PDT 2003

On Monday, April 7, 2003, at 09:10  PM, Ian Tucker wrote:

> Is there anything I can do to improve the clarity of the picture when
> using our TV and DVD Player?   I notice, particularly when I first
> start watching one of my DVD's prepared in iDVD3 that there is a
> certain amount of pulsing/shimmer with some images.

I'm pretty much a novice at this, so this may not help at all, but have
you looked at the viewing options for your DVD player? I have a Sony
DVD player and it has several viewing "presets" you can choose that
alter brightness, contrast, black level and some other parameters.
These make a big difference on some of the DVDs and VCDs I watch,
particularly ones I've burned myself (commercial DVDs seem just fine on
the default setting).

I'm not at home right now, so I can't give you any more details, but if
you want (and I remember) I can take a closer look at the settings and
what they do tonight when I'm home.

-Mike