asf files

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Tue Apr 8 22:32:28 PDT 2003

> From: Matthew Guemple <mo.og at verizon.net>
>
> does anyone know an easy way to play these on a mac. OSX friendly?

Windows Media Player (they are Windows Media Player files. Bastards.)

To answer your next question (I'm psychic), no you can't convert them
to some other format. Bastards.

Actually, in OS 9 there is a little freeware program called ASF
converter with which I have had SOME luck (ie it works SOME of the
time) in converting ASF files to QT Movies. *This doesn't work in
Classic at all, only in OS 9.*

If you're morally opposed to using any MS products, I understand that
VLC Media Player (new version out today, 1.5.3) will also play most ASF
files. VLC is Mac OS X only.

_Chas_

"To use the Mac is to be confronted, over and over, with the idea that
the most mundane task can be done artfully and compassionately,
beautifully and invitingly. " -- Glenn McDonald