Premier... I think

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Wed Apr 9 23:13:35 PDT 2003

> From: Matthew Guemple <mo.og at verizon.net>
>
> I've got a clip that someone gave me that I cannot get to play via QT,
> although it shows up as a QT file. I think it was originally captured
> via Premier... QT says it cannot play it because the compressor is
> missing... thoughts?

What part of the error message are you having a problem with? Whatever
codec was used to compress the clip, you ain't got it. Ask the person
who compressed the clip what he used, or have him try a different
codec. QT Pro includes most of the common ones, but if he used
something like DIVX then it may only play on PC systems. You might try
downloading the OS X-only VLC Player and see if it will play in that.
It's been a miracle worker for me.

_Chas_

Atheist having orgasm: "Ooo chemical chance! Chemical CHANCE!!"
- Bill Hicks