[MacDV] Re: Suggestions for sound capture at wedding

Mark O'Brien rmobrien at mac.com
Fri Apr 11 17:48:27 PDT 2003

On Friday, April 11, 2003, at 08:33  PM, ShirleyK wrote:

> I'd think you would just extract the audio from the stationary camera
> and use it throughout (having turned off the audio on the video
> tracks). Or am I missing something?

I did that, and locked the stationary camera's video to the audio. But
then I tried to superimpose the cutaway camera's footage in the
timeline, alternating stationary distance shots with close-ups and
different angles. Getting those cutaways synchronized is the problem.

I'm probably not explaining it very well. Try it for yourself if you
have access to a second camcorder, and you'll see what I'm talking
about.

Mark