[MacDV] Re: Firewire problem

Mark M. Florida markflo at mac.com
Mon Apr 14 10:28:27 PDT 2003

I mentioned this "problem" a while back and it was dismissed by many people
who didn't have any problems working with video from a FireWire drive
playing back through the camera...  Guess there are issues after all...

One of the fixes I had suggested was to get a separate FireWire PCI card,
which I guess will not work in your case on an iMac...

Hmmm...

Have you tried doing an "Export to tape" from iMovie?  That usually helps
iMovie concentrate on getting the video out to FireWire.  Is there a setting
to lower the quality of the preview in iMovie (for on-screen viewing on your
computer).

Need more details:

Which version of iMovie?

Mac OS 9 or X?

Which iMac model?  (G3/G4 and speed?)

How much RAM is installed?

Do you need to view on a TV to edit?  If not, export the final edit to your
internal HD as a DV stream, then re-import to iMovie for playback to your
TV.

- Mark