Installing Pioneer AO5 in G4 FW800

Fabian Ius Fabian_Ius at edu.yorku.ca
Mon Apr 14 16:46:16 PDT 2003

>I installed the Cenedyne A05 in my Mirrored G4.  I found that I had to
>remove the front plate on the drive tray (it lifts off).  Once that
>plate was gone, the drive fit fine.  Does your drive not have that
>feature?

Huh?  I had no idea the front plate on the drive can be removed !

How?  Does it slide off or does it need to be pried off... i.e. glue is holding it on ?

Please clarify.

Someone that I work with is having the same problem on their 1.42 GHz MDD.

They couldn't get it to eject properly in either optical bay.  He is thinking of using tin snips to square-off the upper corners.