Hog Heaven: QuickTime Video through FireWire

andy beach abeach at mac.com
Tue Apr 15 06:44:45 PDT 2003

Erica -

Just downloaded and here are my results/opinion:

1) Yes its way cool

2) Work quick and easy with my 800 mhx ibook, sony DCR-pc100, & 14"
toshiba monitor (camera was recording, but also passes through signal
directly to monitor w/o recording)

3) Will play out any .dv's or DV-NTSC .mov's clips i have.

4) Even better, i could play out DV clips straight from laptops HD,
something i've never successfully done from FCP without at least a
little bit of stutter.

5)I need to compare the tape version to other tape exports i've done,
but it *might* have been a little less quality in luminance values than
going straight out of FCP.  I only noticed because the clips i played
out were pretty murky already and the contrast ratio seemed a bit off
from the previews I was looking at last night.

so thats it - thanks for tip and the cool app!

andy
www.watercooler.lastexit.tv