[MacDV] Re: Firewire Video transfer trouble--MacDV Digest #2100

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Tue Apr 15 08:48:40 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, April 15, 2003, at 10:37  AM, Erica Sadun wrote:

>> Why not use one of the two Firewire ports on your Mac or iMac for the
>> camera, and the other for your Firewire drive(s)???
>
> Same card.

AFAIK it depends on the machine. Early iMacs had two ports that were
essentially the "same card" (shared a single 400 Mbps bus). I thought
the iMac DV and G4 desktops all came with two ports that were also two
separate 400 Mbps busses. Is that wrong (maybe I have it confused with
the USB ports)?

-Mike