[MacDV] Sound Control

Steve Robertson stever at mindspring.com
Tue Apr 15 14:34:42 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, April 15, 2003, at 11:51  AM, Neil Bennett wrote:

> I have just exported a five minute piece from iMovie into Quicktime
> using the Sorenson codec. When I opened the newly created Quicktime
> file I noticed that none of the audio fades and changes in output
> level that I had created had been included in the Quicktime movie.

I have a one hour iMovie project. A while back, I exported a QuickTime
movie at CD-R quality that preserved my audio volume edits. I made a
couple of minor changes to a part of the project where there are no
audio volume edits, then exported to QuickTime CD-R quality again. This
time, my audio volume edits disappeared.

So I hope you find an answer, but there might not be one ;-)

Steve Robertson
Publisher of
Fiddlin' Around: The Journal of American Roots Music
a free weekly e-mail newsletter
to subscribe, send a blank e-mail to
fiddlinaround-subscribe at topica.email-publisher.com