[MacDV] Re: Installing Pioneer AO5 in G4 FW800

Erick Camp campej at qwest.net
Tue Apr 15 16:26:56 PDT 2003

On Monday, April 14, 2003, at 04:46 PM, Fabian Ius wrote:

> Huh?  I had no idea the front plate on the drive can be removed !
>
> How?  Does it slide off or does it need to be pried off... i.e. glue
> is holding it on ?

As well as I can remember, I started to try to peel it off (I thought
it was glued) when it just "came off."  I was so dumbfounded that I
don't know that I recall what I did exactly.  I think that it "pulls
up" and that there were some plastic tabs that held it on.  I threw
that part away, so I can not look at it now.

Sorry that I did not explain that in my original post.  Hope my hint
helps (maybe if you succeed you can capture the required steps?).

Erick