Norton tools

Paul Knight paul.knight at internet.co.nz
Thu Apr 17 01:19:28 PDT 2003

I'll add my penniworth to this discussion.

  I used the  Norton package  for several years and it certainly did
save my bacon on occasions.    However for the last 4 or 5 years I
have stayed  completely away from the product and instead use
TechTools Pro and Disk Warrior in combination.  (Still on OS 9.2.2)
I found that Norton tools became totally destructive of external
back-up devices (SCSI at that time such as Iomega Jaz) and caused me
great angst and financial cost.  I know of others who had similar
problems.   I also found that if you ran Disk Doctor a second time,
it would find  exactly the same problems that it had just claimed to
have fixed.   I find that TechTools does a reliable job of
defragmentation.

I have had similar destructive results to the system with NAV too.
I think Norton just did not care about Mac's for a while, and now I
just don't trust the software.
--
from Paul Knight
Home:  (JapanEd)