AIF metronome effect - Again, but with ALL the steps!

sb videovideo at mac.com
Tue Apr 22 08:46:14 PDT 2003

Joanna:

There was an omission from my last post on how to use iTunes to convert to
AIFF for FCP. I accidentally left out a step. (the one where it actually
gets converted - duh!)

Here it is again, with ALL the steps

The beeping is telling you that you've got the wrong sample rate.

Check the item properties to see what you've got. (you can select the item
in the browser and use CMD -9)
It should be 48hz, 16bit, stereo. Make sure your sequence settings are also
16 bit, 48hz.

To fix the audio sample rate (if that's what the problem is)

Open up itunes and in the Prefs set the importing to AIFF. Then click
Configuration and choose Custom, and set the sample rate to 16bit and
Stereo and change AUTO to 48hz. Click on OK.

Now, either Import or drag the MP3 onto the iTunes icon or into the iTunes
window. Next, select the song in the iTunes Main Window (not the Song list
on the left) and then under Advanced select Convert to AIFF.

Now, go back to FCP3 and import the track again, either by dragging the
.aiff song or using the import command and navigating to your iTunes library
to find the file. There should be no beeping.

You can also use FCP itself to do the conversion, since the song is already
in FCP.
Select the song in the browser then click on Export from the File menu and
select Quicktime.
Choose AIFF from the Format drop down menu, navigate to where you want the
saved and converted song to be saved, then click on Options and set the
sample rate to 16 bit, stereo, 48Hz. Click OK in the Sample Rate window and
then Save.

You will now have to re-import the converted file into FCP.

Sorry about the omissions, hope this helps.

 sb