DV Tape playback blockiness

Richard richard.ttt at verizon.net
Tue Apr 22 17:10:54 PDT 2003

I recorded an event this past weekend with two separate cameras.
When I dumped the tapes into FCP I noticed that there was major blockiness,
especially during motion scenes. I've think  that I've narrowed it down to
my Panasonic AG DV2000 deck, because when the tapes are played back in
camera, there is no blockiness. I've tried cleaning the deck with a
Panasonic head cleaning tape several times, but I still get the blockiness
with motion scenes in the Panasonic AG DV2000 deck.

Do I need to send the deck in for repair?
Is there a better/more thorough cleaning solution for my deck?

Thanks,

--Richard