iMovie 3.0.2

Ian Tucker carlian at picknowl.com.au
Wed Apr 23 22:51:26 PDT 2003

Mark Walker posted the following message:-

> Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 09:45:37 +0100
> From: Mark Walker <mark at scip.org.uk>
> Subject: [MacDV] imovie 3.0.2
>
> hi all
> I moved to imovie 3.0.1 and I've had a torrid time - slow, buggy,
> etc, exactly as discussed on the list
> yesterday I upgraded to 3.0.2 yesterday and it seems miles better...
> is this true?
> anything to watch out for?
> thanks
> mark

Hi Mark,

See my posting of 9th April (Mac Digest #2092) where I was responding
to concerns with iM3 and some follow up postings by others in the same
Digest and latter editions.

A recent article in the Australian Video Camera and Desktop Video
magazine on the iLife package was complimentary towards the integrated
bundle , but was particularly scathing that Apple should release iMovie
3 with so many problems.

I just hope the people at Cupertino listen to the feedback and do
something soon as there are a lot of frustrated  Apple customers out
there in the market place.    From memory, there was one List member
who said he was not having any hassles with iMovie 3.  I seem to
remember iMovie 2 also had some problems when released, but these were
minor compared to iM3 and were soon fixed with an upgrade.

Ian Tucker.

PS.    Kunga usually has his nose to the ground and I wonder if he has
picked up any drift regarding an upgrade?

PPS.     Erica, if you read this could you enlarge on your comment of
"resize your window smaller trick" please?   From memory, iMovie 2 did
not have the ability to resize the viewing window and as far as I know,
I have not taken any action to change the size of that which appears
when I first open the iMovie 3 Appn.     Do we take it that you are
enjoying a hassle free run with iM3 ?