[MacDV] Re: MAC OS X Panther?

Thubten Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Sat Apr 26 17:36:07 PDT 2003

970 Macs, which will ship with Panther, will run all the current 32-bit
software however faster the motherboard architecture will push it. Then
64-bit recompiled versions of all our software will run twice as fast
as that. Panther will just run in 32-bit mode on pre-970 Macs. Panther
should let us run the software we have now on all the G4 Macs. As to if
it will run on G3 Macs, that's an open question that should be answered
at the developer's conference end of June in SF. My own guess is that
Panther won't run on G3 Macs. But this is purely a guess and not backed
up by any technical knowledge. I hope my guess is wrong.  Anybody on
the list know about G3 Macs and Panther compatibility yet?