[MacDV] A-D conversion of LPs

Dorothy Hennings hennings at verizon.net
Sat Apr 26 12:43:36 PDT 2003

I thought I read someplace a month or so ago that one could connect a
turntable to a Griffin iMike audio interface and then thru USB to
computer without the need for a preamp. Can anyone comment?
If preamp is needed can someone suggest type or details on this and
where to buy one?

I'd like to digitize my old LP records. My amplifier etc is in another
room of the house so I guess I can't use the preamp in it from there.
Or can I , depending on any limitation of length for the RCA leads  to
carry the inputs to the computer? Or thru Dazzle?
George