[MacDV] iTunes 4 & The iTunes Music Store

Illovox Media illovox at oz.net
Mon Apr 28 14:15:37 PDT 2003

on 4/28/03 11:07 AM, Thubten Kunga at Kunga at FutureMedia.org wrote:

> AAC encoding good. 99¢ per cut not cost effective....

> 49¢ a track is a more realistic success target price.
>
> All it means is that CDs will become less expensive than ever as
> retailers fight back including Amazon.com. And that's a good thing.

I'd love to see a subscription service wherein you can "subscribe" to your
favorite artists...pay a monthly or yearly amount, get ALL they produce,
like a modern Medici en masse. ;)  You get all the tracks...tests, sketches,
what once was bootlegged, etc.  Cut out the labels, support the artists
directly...I like that idea...

Plus I'd love to subscribe to a service that pulls for you all material in a
given set, defined by as many parameters as one could care to use...