iTunes 4 & The iTunes Music Store

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Tue Apr 29 01:41:30 PDT 2003

> From: csearles at t-online.de (Chris Searles)
>

> On Montag, April 28, 2003, at 08:07  Uhr, Thubten Kunga wrote:
>
>> iTunes 4 Music Store will include the sale of videos and you can use
>> what you buy at the store.

Thubten is, as usual, wrong.

The iTunes Music Service has the ability to SHOW videos within iTunes.
No videos are for sale.

> According to Maccentral Jobs said the following: "The exclusive area
> also has links to the artists' Web sites, unreleased tracks (in some
> cases), video (that can stream right inside iTunes) and more."
>
> and I was just wondering: How will this be possible "right inside
> iTunes"?

The "Music Service is just HTML/XML and as such can display all kinds
of things, including Flash. Download iTunes 4 and try it out for
yourself.

_Chas_
"We don't want to be like Windows. We want to do everything better. We
are intent on creating the greatest computers and the best computing
experience in the world. And we are the only ones who can say that with
a straight face." -- Greg Joswiak, Apple VP of hardware product
marketing