[MacDV] Re: iTunes 4 & The iTunes Music Store

Chris Searles csearles at t-online.de
Tue Apr 29 13:31:33 PDT 2003

On Dienstag, April 29, 2003, at 10:41  Uhr, Charles Martin wrote:

>>> iTunes 4 Music Store will include the sale of videos and you can use
>>> what you buy at the store.
>>
> Thubten is, as usual, wrong.
>
> The iTunes Music Service has the ability to SHOW videos within iTunes.
> No videos are for sale.
>
>> According to Maccentral Jobs said the following: "The exclusive area
>> also has links to the artists' Web sites, unreleased tracks (in some
>> cases), video (that can stream right inside iTunes) and more."
>>
>> and I was just wondering: How will this be possible "right inside
>> iTunes"?
>
> The "Music Service is just HTML/XML and as such can display all kinds
> of things, including Flash. Download iTunes 4 and try it out for
> yourself.

Thorsten was right on one count yesterday (which somebody responded to
by writing "lol"):  iTunes does have a QT video player "built-in",
probably via a QuickTime plug-in. Only downside of such a "built-in"
player though is the inability to save the videos, despite having a
registered version of QT Pro. I tried it and I don't get a save option.
: -(

I mean I can watch them in the store as often as I want. I just wonder
how long they will leave such videos up for viewing before replacing
them with something newer.

chris searles